Metacognitive Training (MCT) for Psychosis (Farsi)
The download is permitted with the understanding that any commercial use is prohibited. Copyright regulations apply (e.g., no manipulation of material, no incorporation of slides into other programs without prior consultation of the authors). Via the web-links below you can download the MCT modules and homework. Please also see two new modules that highlight self-esteem and dealing with stigma, which can be conducted in addition to the standard modules, or as stand-alone sessions.
For presentation of the modules, you need to install Adobe Reader; a free version can be downloaded here. When starting the modules, set Acrobat Reader to the full screen mode (Ctrl + L).
Are you a clinician or researcher and would like to receive the manual as a pdf document as well as review articles? Please register online. If you administer the Metacognitive Training for Schizophrenia Patients (MCT), please send us a short notification. We are grateful for both comments and criticism.
Again, we kindly ask practitioners and institutions for a small contribution before using the MCT materials (practitioners: 30€/$30; institutions: 100€/$100) in view of the amount of work and costs associated with the development of our program. Contributions can be made online.
Modules (6.0) Cycle A
- 1. module A (Attributional Style) Farsi (1.1 MiB)
- 2. module A (Jumping to Conclusions I) Farsi (3.2 MiB)
- 3. module A (Changing Beliefs) Farsi (2.4 MiB)
- 4. module A (Theory of Mind I) Farsi (3.1 MiB)
- 5. module A (Memory) Farsi (6.8 MiB)
- 6. module A (Theory of Mind II) BADE farsi (1.6 MiB)
- 6. module A (Theory of Mind II) Farsi (1.4 MiB)
- 7. module A (Jumping to Conclusions II) Farsi (1.7 MiB)
- 8. module A (Self Esteem) Farsi (937.8 KiB)
Modules (6.0) Cycle B
- 1. module B (Attributional Style) Farsi (2.8 MiB)
- 2. module B (Jumping to Conclusions I) Farsi (3.4 MiB)
- 3. module B (Changing Beliefs) Farsi (2.8 MiB)
- 4. module B (Theory of Mind I) farsi (3.2 MiB)
- 5. module B (Memory) farsi (4.4 MiB)
- 6. module B (Theory of Mind II) BADE Farsi (1.7 MiB)
- 6. module B (Theory of Mind II) Farsi (1.6 MiB)
- 7. module B (Jumping to Conclusions II) Farsi (1.7 MiB)
- 8. module B (Self Esteem) Farsi (996.2 KiB)
For module 6, we recommend using the so-called BADE version (see manual). Videos that depict cognitive biases and which can serve as visual aids to improve understanding in group MCT can be found here.
Because many people with psychosis experience stigmatization and suffer from poor self-esteem, they would like these areas to be addressed in therapy. Therefore, we decided to incorporate these aspects into the MCT. The two new modules can be conducted in addition to the standard modules, or as standalone sessions (the therapist can determine the set-up that meets the needs of their clients). We advise trainers to continue conducting eight modules per cycle (ideally with completion within four weeks).
Rules (print out & bring to sessions), Homework and Yellow & Red Card
Translator and co-author: Dr. Saied Malihialzackerini (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Every participant of the MCT training receives a yellow and a red card, that easily fits into a purse. The yellow card asks three essential questions, which may help to prevent the formation of hasty, false and consequential conclusions:
- What is the evidence?
- Are there alternative views?
- Even if it's like that...am I over-reacting?
On the red card, the patient is encouraged to write down the names of persons and institutions with corresponding telephone numbers who may help when a crisis occurs.
Help us to help others!
Given the limited budgets in many psychiatric hospitals, it is our goal to ensure that MCT remains accessible to anyone interested in using it. However, maintaining the MCT program, as well as continuing to improve and develop it, requires significant personnel and financial resources. If you want to support the MCT, we would be very grateful for donations. We will, of course, continue to provide support and assistance to anyone using the program.
Thank you for your continued support. We guarantee that all donations will go to the further development of MCT (future tasks: translation of modules into other languages, new graphics, hiring of students to perform MCT in institutions). On request, we can send you a receipt for your donation: please send an email to Steffen Moritz (email@example.com) and include your mail address. Please inquire about different possibilities for sponsorships. Donations can be made to the following account:
Pay to: UKE AG Neuropsychologie
Bank: Hamburger Sparkasse HASPA
Account title (this is crucial to ensure that your donation reaches us): 0470/001 - MCT